The daz2xna tool is designed to make it easy to import 3D content animated with Daz3D into a XNA game. Here is how the workflow looks like:
- Use DAZ studio and choose from thousands of 3D people, creatures, buildings and props to place into your scene.
- Animate the people and creatures in your scene.
- Export the scene to an .fbx file.
- Import the .fbx file into daz2xna to transform it so that it can be imported directly into your XNA game.
With daz2xna, here is what you can do with your scene:
- Reduce the number of vertices.
- Merge all the 3D content into one mesh.
- Reduce the number of bones in the animated mesh.
- Automatically convert the format and size of the textures to be compatible with XNA.
The bottom line, you get a lightweight version of your DAZ scene into your XNA game, this is what daz2xna is built for. Sounds too good to be true? Try it for free and see how it can accelerate your workflow.
This is an example of a DAZ scene before and after its transformation using daz2xna. On the left we have the original scene from DAZ, and on the right the transformed scene. Both scenes look very similar except that the one on the right can be loaded directly in XNA and can be rendered 5 time faster.
daz studio scene
Give yourself a break and use daz2xna in your workflow.